welcome to the woodson ymca
What to Expect When You Visit Us!
Our YMCA is a place where you can achieve your health goals, and find a sense of community.
Ask for a Tour
Get familiar with the Y facility, programs and services and meet the people who will help you transform your life.
What to Wear
Wear something comfortable to work out in and a good pair of clean shoes. We encourage members and guests to maintain an appearance that is not disruptive, distracting, nor offensive in any regard.
Download the APP
Download our Helpful Mobile App Download our mobile app to view schedules on the go!
WHY GET THE APP?
- Scan-in With Your Phone
- Receive Notifications
- Check Hours
- Group Exercise Classes
- Pool Schedules
- Gym Schedules
- Filter by Location
- Wausau Branch
- Aspirus Branch
- Please bring along your membership card to scan each time you visit the Y.
- When you download the Woodson YMCA Wausau App, there is an option to enter in your scan code information to enable your phone to work as your scan card.
Parking is available at both branch locations at no cost.
Our downtown facility has a larger parking lot across the street from the YMCA on 3rd Street and has additional parking spaces at the First Presbyterian Church on the corner of Franklin and Fourth streets and a lot at Third and Fulton Streets.
Secure Your Belongings
- We recommend that your lock up any items of value. The Y is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- There are free lockers located in several areas of the Y with codes you can set, lock and unlock.
- Use of padlocks in all locker rooms is recommended. You may bring your own or rent one at Member Services free of charge.
Wellness Center Equipment Questions?
We offer a FREE orientation that will help you get familiar with the many wellness solutions we offer.
Our Wellness Centers offers a variety of strength and cardio machines. Your orientation will help you identifying equipment that aligns with your wellness goals and teach you how to use the equipment correctly and safely.
Sign up for a free equipment orientation at the Member Service Center.
Join Fit Start - It's Free for Members!
A FREE 4-week program for members new to exercise or those who have not exercised in a long time.
FIT START is designed to help participants develop and sustain a healthy lifestyle! We offers three one-on-one appointments with our wellness staff within a 4-week time frame.
This will help you develop an exercise program to reach your goals. Complete the program and receive a Fit Start t-shirt on your final appointment. Reserve your first appointment time at the Member Service Center.
- Members: Children under 10 must be supervised by an adult while in our Y facilities.
- Non-Members: Children under 12 must be supervised by an adult while in our Y facilities.
- Group Fitness Classes: Ages 12 and over may attend group exercise classes at either Y branch.
- Walking Track: Following completion of the Youth Walking Track Orientation, youth ages 7-9 are allowed on the track with adult supervision. After taking the orientation, youth ages 10+ can use the track unsupervised.
- Wellness Center: For ages 12-15 Years. Youth who successfully complete the Youth Strength Training Orientation may use cardio equipment and weight machines in the Wellness Center. Must be 16 years of age to use the free weights.
- Youth Lobby: Children ages 7-9 must be signed in and out by parent or guardian while a attendant is on duty otherwise they must be with an adult. The Youth Lobby offers a variety of games and activities.
- Mini-Care: By reservation only. Younger children and infants will be supervised in our Mini Care centers at both locations. Find out more about the hours of Mini Care at the link below.